Step 1 of 8 - Step 1
Extra Homeschool Co-op is a group of homeschooling families working together to teach our children a few subjects (some of the “extras”) in a way that honors God and shows love to one another.
Extra Co-op meets Thursday mornings from 8:45 am-12:00 pm at Lindsay Lane Baptist Church (920 Lindsay Lane, Florissant, MO 63031).
Students who are at least 5 years old by August 16, 2023 may participate in our Marvels, Majors, Middles, Minors, and Novas classes. This year we are offering Art, P.E., Career Exploration, Life Skills, Songs that Changed Our World, Gardening, Messy Science, Locks and Dams, and much more.
We are also excited to introduce elective classes to our high school students. The electives offered this year will be Personal Finance and Intro to Graphic Design. The goal is for the student to have a ½ credit in each class by the end of the year. Your student will have homework to complete outside of class time to aid in obtaining the hours needed for this credit. We will also have an option for drop off attendance for this age group for an additional fee.
Children who are preschool age (Minis) will enjoy a circle time lesson, songs, story time, arts and crafts, snack time, and free play. Infants (Nanos) will be in the nursery.
Our fall semester begins on August 17th and ends on November 16th. We break from Thanksgiving through the New Year. Our spring semester will run from January 18th through April 25th, with one week off for Spring Break on March 7th.
Thursday, May 2, 2024, we will put on our Extravaganza at Lindsay Lane Baptist Church to allow the kids to show off what they have done at co-op throughout the year. Please invite your friends and family!
Tuition is as follows:
Drop-Off Marvels (Ages 13-18) - $150
Marvels (Ages 13-18) - $75
Majors/Middles/Minors/Novas (Ages 5+) - $75
Minis (Ages 1-4) - $30
Nanos (Age <1) - $10
We require that new adult members and volunteers have a background check, which is $30 per person to be renewed every 3 years.
Lindsay Lane Baptist Church also requires a Facility Usage Fee per family of $50 for the year. This covers the utility fees incurred by our meetings.
Registration begins April 12, 2023. A deposit of $20 per child 5 years and up and $10 per child 4 and under is required to reserve your place. Full payment is due by July 14, 2023, and will be non-refundable.
Please read all the information carefully and feel free to ask any questions you may have. If you are interested in joining our co-op, please do the following:
1. Complete and submit the Membership Form, Commitment Agreement, Waiver, Financial Management Agreement, and Tuition and Fees form via the link provided on Facebook and in the registration email.
2. Payment methods include Checks, Zelle, or cash. Checks should be made out to Extra.
3. You can bring your payment to any Extra event, or by mail to Andrea Synowiec, ATTN: Extra Homeschool Co-op, 16716 Jamestown Forest Dr., Florissant, MO 63034
1. I understand that co-op is a commitment for me as a parent.
2. I understand that this is a parent-run co-op – there is NO PAID STAFF.
3. I realize that when I am unable to attend, the co-op will not run at complete capacity, and it will be more difficult for everyone to do their jobs. Co-op may even need to be canceled if too many people are absent.
4. I understand that I am committing our family to participate throughout the duration of this school year, 2023-2024.
5. I understand that we as a family are allowed no more than 2 (TWO) NON-ILLNESS absences per co-op year (2023-2024). I understand that if we exceed 2 NON ILLNESS absences, the leadership board will meet with me to discuss my family’s eligibility for continued participation in co-op.
6. I understand that if prolonged sickness becomes a problem, thus affecting my family’s attendance, I will communicate with the co-op board leaders.
7. I agree to participate fully during co-op, engaging with the children, and not unnecessarily using my phone or other personal electronic devices.
8. I understand that I may expect to personally spend 1-2 hours a week, outside of regularly scheduled co-op hours – on co-op-related work/preparation.
9. I understand that the success and enjoyment of co-op are dependent on my participation, and I agree to engage and participate to the best of my ability, as the Lord allows.
10. I am willing to allow the Leadership Board to hold me accountable for this agreement.
Extra Homeschool Co-op Disclaimer 2023-2024
Extra Homeschool Co-op and any of its leaders, members, or the member's personal homeowner insurance will not be responsible or liable for any damage to person(s), child/children, or personal items, including lost or stolen, misplaced or left behind at a facility during any meeting or activity organized by Extra Homeschool Co-op or by any of its volunteer members. This also includes auto transportation or damage to automobile(s) to and from any Extra Homeschool Co-op event or activity.
Medical Care: In the event of a medical emergency, it is the sole responsibility of the parent/guardian who must remain available during all classes and events or field trips to provide any medical care. If the parent/guardian is not available, Extra Homeschool Co-op is not liable for its chosen course of action.
Extra Homeschool Co-op Member Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement
I, or any of my family members, will not hold Extra Homeschool Co-op, any of its associates, members, or family members, any facility rented and/or used, or any member's personal homeowners’ insurance responsible or liable for any damage to person(s), child/children or personal items, including lost or stolen, misplaced or left behind at a facility during any meeting or activity organized by Extra Homeschool Co-op or by any of its volunteer members. This also includes auto transportation or damage to automobile(s) to and from any Extra Homeschool Co-op event or activity.
I, as a parent, am responsible for my child's behavior at all Extra Homeschool Co-op functions. I will also be liable for any property damage done by myself or my child/children, to any facility that Extra Homeschool Co-op uses.
I commit to having my children understand and follow the Extra Homeschool Co-op Participation Guidelines. I will have them prepared to follow instructions given by co-op teachers/leaders.
I have read and clearly understand the terms of this Agreement. I give my permission for my child to participate in all Extra Homeschool Co-op activities. I also release and hold harmless Extra Homeschool Co-op and any of its leaders or members as well as Lindsay Lane Baptist Church and anyone acting under its authority from all actions, claims, and liabilities relating to my child's participation in all Extra Homeschool Co-op activities.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmless and defend Extra Homeschool Co-op and its leaders and members from injuries, damages, and losses sustained by me or my child arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the activities of Extra Homeschool Co-op. I further agree to hold Lindsay Lane Baptist Church harmless from and against any damages, claim, or demand arising out of the use of Lindsay Lane Baptist Church facilities by any person participating in, or present because of, the activities of the Extra Homeschool Co-op.
Extra Homeschool Co-op and its leadership are not responsible or liable for any activities involving co-op members outside of the usual co-op time or at other locations besides Lindsay Lane Baptist Church, even if those activities are organized by co-op members.
In addition, I understand that Covid-19 is an extremely contagious virus and that participation in Extra Homeschool Co-op could present the risk of contracting Covid-19, as in any public place where people are present. By participating in Extra Homeschool Co-op I voluntarily assume all risks associated with Covid-19 exposure for myself and my family.
I,(Co-op Member), hereby acknowledge that Extra Co-op is not in the business of making money, but, from time to time, may solicit financial contributions from members OR may conduct fundraising activities pursuant to procuring materials needed to carry on normal co-op functions, which include, but are not limited to arts and crafts supplies, physical education supplies, musical instruments, and educational curriculum.
Funds solicited from me AND funds that I raise shall be kept in a dedicated checking account, which shall be managed by the co-op's Leadership Board for the purpose of supporting the Extra's educational functions and activities. Should I choose to leave the co-op, I shall forfeit the right to funds contributed AND funds raised.
Under extenuating circumstances that should cause the co-op to dissolve, all funds remaining in the co-op's checking account, which have not yet been expended for the co-op's operational needs, shall be divided equally and distributed to all active members, all curricula shall be donated to the Family Vision Library in St. Peters, and all other tangible assets (such as art or physical education supplies and musical instruments) shall be donated to the St. Louis Crisis Nursery.
Parents: By signing below, I am stating that I have read and fully understand the information presented in the Member Handbook and agree to abide by it. I fully understand the guidelines and information contained therein and will adhere to those listed.